The back to school transition is one of the hardest times I can think of (for us parents, too!) For some of our little ones, it might be the first year they are staying an entire day and will need to pack a lunch. I'm a huge fan of bento box style lunches these days and we are lucky enough to have a really fun and easy plan of attack for your dinosaur loving kiddo thanks to our go-to Chef and Mama, Addie Gundry. It's almost too cute to eat!
- 1 Handful of Pretzels
- 4 pieces of boiled or Steamed Broccoli
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg (with green spots – using a permanent marker)
- Red Leaf Lettuce (as the bed for the dinosaur sandwiches)
- 4 slices of white sandwich bread (or any bread! I used Texas Toast bread for a thick slice)
- 2 pieces of salami
- 2 pieces of Swiss cheese
- Mayonnaise and mustard (optional)
Container is from a frozen TV dinner. I removed the items and washed the container.
- Place broccoli in one compartment.
- Place hard boiled egg in the center compartment.
- Place pretzels in the third compartment.
- Lay down a bed of lettuce.
- Using a dinosaur cookie cutter (or any fun shape), cut 4 pieces of bread. Place a piece of salami and a piece of cheese in each dinosaur. I used a cookie cutter to slice my salami and Swiss cheese so it would match the cookie cutter. Spread mayonnaise and mustard if desired.