Easy (but delicious) Banana Pumpkin Muffins with Addie
'Tis the season of baking and indulging in delicious treats but that doesn't mean it has to be complicated or overwhelming! Our favorite guest blogger and incredibly talented chef, Addie Gundry, is giving us the low down on her recipe for Banana Pumpkin Muffins. The best part is that you can get your little ones involved in making this recipe.
Banana Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 bananas, preferably very ripe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a 12-count muffin tray with liners.
- In a small bowl microwave butter until melted, about 15-20 seconds.
- Combine butter with bananas, sugar and pumpkin. Stir well.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin spice, cinnamon, flour, salt, an baking soda. Mix until no dry pockets remain.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350° and bake for 15-16 more minutes. Baking them at the higher temperature at first helps them rise and gives a nice rounded top.
Leave a comment