I always thought I'd be a Pinterest Mom -- turns out I was wrong. Starting Little Nomad when my daughter was just 5 months old left me with very little time for DIY or creativity. In fact, I still can't believe the amount of brain space being a Mom really takes up. On top of being a business owner, taking care of the house, being a decent-ish wife who cooks a meal now and again...it turns out I'm not a Pinterest Mom at all, I am the farthest thing from it.
But that doesn't mean I can't be creative in the ways that I create memories with my children. In fact, since Baby #2 has now arrived (and IT'S A BOY!!) I've realized that I CAN be a Pinterest Mom without really trying that hard. Seriously, its not that hard! Here's why --
Since social media became a thing, lots of creative people have taken their ideas to market and created super cool products that allow for originality and creativity. Most of them can be found on Instagram - and to be honest, I learned about most of them while scrolling away in the middle of the night with pregnancy insomnia / late night feeding / online shopping sessions.
Here are some of the favorite items that I found while dreaming up a nursery for my son, Ellis --
1) Letterfolk - The husband/wife cofounders of Letterfolk started the company as they searched for a unique way to capture their second child's monthly baby milestone photos. Turns out you don't even have to be a super creative writer - find inspiration for cute messages here.
The two pictured in the photo above are my real life sleeping beauties - Taliah Bell, 2.5 years old and Ellis Arthur, 7 days old. Photos above and below by my super talented friend / photographer @rowanberry_lavender.
2) Flynn and Company - Why settle for a boring pink or blue boppy cover when you can have something handmade that suits your personal style? Small shop owner, Laura Fox, made this gorgeous boppy cover just for me while her two little boys played nearby - how special is that? Head over to their adorable Etsy site and use code NOMAD15 for 15% off your total purchase.
3) Montano Crochet - I've always wished I could knit or crochet but let's be honest, my family ate cereal for dinner last night so I don't think it's happening. Ivonne from Montano Crochet will knit up a gorgeous hand made gift just for you and even better, right now she is offering 20% off your purchase. Use promo code LITTLENOMAD20 at checkout.
4 ) Cheerily - Start them young on this brunching staple -- a happy avocado and knitted piece of toast is the perfect newborn toy. Cheerily also happens to be my favorite go-to for onesies with clever, funny sayings - more to come on this as Ellis gets a little bit bigger!
7) PCB Home - Because when it's handmade and personalized, it's so much more special, we had our last name adorned on this beautiful soft blanket. PCB Home has a ton of affordable decor pieces and their another Mama owned business (which I love!) PCB Home is offering 25% off your next order just use code NOMAD25.
6) Finn + Emma - Since we make beautiful play mats, I obviously needed a beautiful play gym and this was the only one I could find! Finn + Emma have so many cute choices and I love that I can utilize the wipe clean aspect of the Roam Free play mat while using this particular play gym. Plus, it's made with all organic materials so extra points for that! The folks at Finn + Emma are offering 10% off your order. Use promo code NOMAD10 at checkout.
And just so you know, If you're an actual Pinterest Mom and you're reading this post - I am in awe of you! As a die-hard entrepreneur I encourage you to take your ideas to market so that Moms like me can benefit from your creativity.
PS. To celebrate the arrival of my son, Ellis, we're currently having an "IT'S A BOY" Sale! Check out the details here.