Do you find yourself on a competitive drama cooking show? Racing to create, cook, and serve intricate recipes to harsh... toddler judges? Yeah, us too.
And, just like the gourmet judges of reality TV, kids are quick to judge what they eat - visual appearance can be just as important as taste! So here are three ways to plate healthy snacks that your children may actually want to eat!
Healthy Snack #1
- 1 Bagel, sliced
- Cream cheese
- With your bagel sliced, add cream cheese to both interior sides.
- Place one half of the bagel next to the other like a figure 8.
- Get creative! Use the blackberries to create arms, legs, and eyes, and blueberries for smaller details
- Present + enjoy! Similar to a panda - super cute!
Healthy Snack #2
- 1 Eggo Waffle
- Toast a waffle according to the instructions on the box.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the waffle just a bit past halfway (this will be the tail). Flip this smaller piece so the fresh-cut side faces out.
- Cut two small triangles out of the larger piece to create the final touches of your "fish shape" (you can snack on these triangles ;) ) (see photo below).
- Thinly slice a couple of strawberries to act as "scales" and place them on top of the waffle layering as you go.
- Add some blueberries to resemble air bubbles - you've got a beautiful fruity fish!
Healthy Snack #3
PBB&B Bear (Peanut Butter, Blueberries, and Bananas)
- 1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread
- Peanut Butter (or any other kind of nut butter)
- 1 Banana
- Spread peanut butter on the slice of bread (toasted or not is up to you!).
- Slice three pieces of the banana and place on the bread. Two should be on top (ears) and one should be in the very middle (nose).
- Place two blueberries below the two slices of bananas for eyes.
- Add a bit of peanut butter to the back of one blueberry and stick it on top of the middle banana (the nose).
- Take a step back and admire your cute bear...then eat it!
In need of easy clean up?
You may want to check out our Everly Highchair Mat for young children or our Table + Place Mats for those that are a bit older! The Everly Highchair mat featured above is Seaside.
More cute plated ideas:
We were inspired by the following:
Silly Toasted Animals