I look forward to Valentine's Day each year! The pink colors, flowers, and candy are just the cherry on top of a holiday that reminds everyone of just how much they're loved.
To kick off Valentine's early, we've gathered up three fun crafts that you can do with just some paper and pens!
Happy Valentine's Day!
1. Ad Libs
I used to love doing ad libs with my friends in grade school! I remember all the laughs we had after putting "gross" as an adjective or writing in a friend's name for one of the blanks. I put together our own silly ad libs game that's, you guessed it, Valentine's Day themed!
- Download and print the ad lib below
- On page one fill in the blanks with silly answers. Don't peek at the story yet!
- On page two fill in the blanks with the corresponding number from page one.
- Read the story out loud to your Valentine! Guaranteed to make the two of you laugh!
2. Fortune Teller
Another childhood favorite, the fortune teller can entertain for hours...and determine your future! Folding is a little tricky to get the hang of, but once you learn, you can't forget. Make sure to follow our directions and use the photos for help!
1. Fold a square piece in half, reopen, then fold in half the other way.
2. Unfold it so you can see the creases that you just created. You should now see four squares.
3. Take one corner and fold it inward until the point reaches the center of the square.
4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining corners.
5. You should now have a smaller square. Flip it over so all the folded-in corners are facing away from you.
6. Again, fold the 4 corners of the square inward until they reach the center point.
7. Now, fold this smaller square in half one way, unfold it, and then fold it in half the other way.
8. Keeping it folded in half, you will see two little flaps on each side of the paper. Place your thumbs and pointer fingers in each opening and then adjust it so it forms the final shape.
9. Yay! Now you have a fortune teller. Don't forget to customize it with numbers, words, colors, and fortunes!
Here is a YouTube tutorial that helped us!
3. Origami Hearts
These little hearts are oh-so-cute and will definitely be cherished by your Valentine! All you need is a square piece of paper and these directions. Let's go!
1. Fold a square piece of paper in half diagonally both ways.
2. Lay the paper flat so you can see the creases. Make sure one of the points is facing towards you.
3. Fold the top point into the center crease.
4. Fold the bottom point until it reaches the top fold.
5. Hold the bottom right half of the shape you have now. Pull it upwards until the bottom fold connects with the middle of the paper. Press the fold so it stays in place.
6. Repeat this step for the other side.
7. You should now have a shape that resembles a pointy heart. Flip the heart over.
8. Fold all the points (besides the bottom one) towards you.
9. Flip the heart back over and you're done! So cute!
We like to watch this video tutorial when we get stuck!